Search This Blog

Saturday, October 02, 2010

1949: HAMILTON HIGH SCHOOL PRESENTS "HOLLYWOOD EXTRA"

1949: How those Tom Glover hormones were raging! All those exquisitely beautiful Hamilton High girls, all in one place,  all at the same time.....Judy Britton, Shirley Whitebread, Bettee Beiger, Carol Sine, Loretta Barabas, Shirley Baker, Joanne Feeser.... the list goes on and on! In retrospect, the years I spent in Hamilton High with Louise Baird's vocal music classes have are among my most treasured memories. My only regret is that the operettas chosen by the organizers were very obscure insofar as finding the music for them in 2010 America. How I would love to find the lyrics to "Hollywood Extra" or "Tulip Time" on the web today and bring them into my community music programs! But alas, they never reached the heights of "Oklahoma," "Carousel," and other blockbuster Broadway musicals.
Anonymous Candy Frenking Jens said...
Ah, yes, I remember them well! Mrs. Combs and Mrs. Booth were very dramatic and very intimidating, at least until I got to know them. Ms. Booth was the faculty supervisor for bus trips to Broadway shows - great memories!
Saturday, October 02, 2010

1 comment:

Candy Frenking Jens said...

Ah, yes, I remember them well! Mrs. Combs and Mrs. Booth were very dramatic and very intimidating, at least until I got to know them. Ms. Booth was the faculty supervisor for bus trips to Broadway shows - great memories!