Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

1940: PRESIDENTS COUNCIL, JUNIOR 4

This and the graphic which follows gives an idea of how education methods have evolved over the years. Compared to 1940, 2010 America's dropout rate shrinks more and more each year, Here we see the "Presidents' Council" at Junior 4, today's Grace Dunn Middle School. I see Wes Hopkins in there. He ended up as a distinguished local radio personality on WTTM in the 1940's.

Blogger Michael said...
Tom: You never cease to amaze me with the articles you find to publish. Tonight, I am shocked to find my late sister Lillian among the Jr.4 President's group. Growing up, I thought she went to Jr.3. I entered Jr.4 in 1947, following mys sisters Mary Ann, and Hilda.Lillian and her husband John who passed away this summer owned Interstate Waste Removal, and also National Waste. I will copy this and send it along to her sons Johnny of Florida, and Jimmy who operates the family golf course, Stony Brook Golf in Pennington. Regards Mike Kuzma
Wednesday, October 06, 2010
THANKS, MIKE. Finding your sister in an old news article is the main reason I sub-title my blog, "LOCAL HISTORY WITH A PERSONAL TOUCH."
Tom Glover

1 comment:

Michael said...

Tom:
You never cease to amaze me with the articles you find to publish.
Tonight, I am shocked to find my late sister Lillian among the Jr.4 President's group. Growing up, I thought she went to Jr.3. I entered Jr.4 in 1947, following mys sisters MaryAnn, and Hilda.

Lillian and her husband John who passed away this summer owned Interstate Waste Removal, and also National Waste.
I will copy this and send it along to her sons Johnny of Florida, and Jimmy who operates the family golf course, Stony Brook Golf in Pennington.
Regards

Mike Kuzma