Search This Blog

Friday, August 20, 2010

2010: RE-CAPPING THE 2010 CONCERT SEASON

The summer of 2010 had to be the worst as far as the Sunday afternoon weather problems I faced as I brought my music program to Kuser Park for the 5th year. The incredible high heat and humidity, along with the constant threat of rain resulted in a very disappointing 7 weeks. On the other hand, given the aforementioned weather problems, the attendance was still surprisingly strong. Last Sunday (August 15) was touch and go, so those physically fit rugged stalwarts who attended sat under the gazebo and we had a good old fashioned sing along sitting around my sound system instead of a piano. A number of visitors chose to stay out under the trees and were apparently uninhibited by an occasional spritz. My last performance will be tomorrow afternoon, August 22nd; "same time, same station" as they used to say in radio days. I hope to see many of you there, weather permitting. Sunday's forecast? Yep, "possibility of a 'late' thunderstorm." I hope my friend Bob Orlowski has better luck with the weather than I did!

Speaking of Bob Orlowski, Check out the graphic above. Bob will appear next Sunday, August 29th, bringing his sophisticated vocals to the Kuser Park gazebo. Bob is a regular performer at the Hamilton Senior Center, and many other area venues. He will be doing his music program singing the songs of Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Barry Manilow, and a number of other easy-to-listen-to vocalists. I hope to see you all there.

No comments: