Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

1997: WZBN: A PIONEER LOCAL TV CHANNEL

Channel 25 is on every single week night at 7:30 PM in the Glover household, taking away a few minutes from the "Wheel of Fortune" TV show. WZBN has been a staple in our home since its inception way back in the early 1990's. I remember Reid Lamberty quite well, and was quite impressed with his on-camera presence. I also remember Tony Caputo and Tony Cornish as being excellent talents for the station. There must be an unwritten rule in the broadcast industry that personalities who go on to bigger things are not mentioned when they depart. I subsequently found that Tony Caputo went on to be a reporter at News 12 New Jersey, along with a lovely talented young lady whose identity I can't recall. It would be nice if the station had a segment on the departure of their talented personalities as they move on to bigger things. Rapid turnover is a fact of life in this industry. WZBN does a superb job in bringing local news to our area. I wish they could expand their air time to an hour or more, but I am sure there are pretty stringent financial constraints.

No comments: