Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

1991: A QUIZ FOR SENIOR CITIZENS ONLY

Quizzes proved to be among the more popular columns I have written over the past years. The human brain is far more competent in remembering things from the distant past than is the very capable personal computer with its gigabytes of "memory." To those of you with silver in your hair, take this quiz that is for those visitors who remember back to the 1950's. Let me know how you do. I think you will enjoy the journey back to simpler times. I don't expect you to get 100 percent of the questions. Email me at tglover320@optimum.net and tell me you at least got a "B." I just took my own test and got most of them right, but I must admit I had problems remembering that politician "Henry" from Washington. I did remember "Stu;" did you?

2 comments:

Ralph Lucarella said...

Hi Tom.....I think you figuered I would take a shot at the quiss. Well I got a B, the hard ones were Roy Cohen, that's not spelled right, the car names were tough, I was'nt sure about the 4 Lads but I knew the 4 Aces. Pondorosa and My Three Sons, the Maguire Sisters, I knew most of the baseball questions. I believe American Motors cars were mentioned. In my defense, I might add, I was pretty busy at night in the 50s to watch a lot of TV. Best Regards.

Tom Glover said...

WELL DONE, RALPH! IT'S MENTAL GYMNASTICS LIKE THESE THAT KEEP OUR AGING BRAINS OPERATING FULL THROTTLE.

TOM