Search This Blog

Saturday, May 15, 2010

1934: Gazette "All City Baseball Awards"

These are some of the giant of local sports from the 1930's and 40's. I can't recall specific names but I would bet that my best buddy Don Slabicki and I saw one or more of these players at Wetzel Field during our nightly visits to that grand old ball park as young teens. And to Ralph Lucarells, one of my favorite old time visitors to this site, I would venture a guess that you were on first name basis with most of the guys in the article above. Please continue to enhance these graphics with your first person retrospectives, Ralph. Your comments are very much appreciated, add to the local color, and take us back to times we all love to re-visit.

1 comment:

Ralph Lucarella said...

Hi Tom: You're so right about me knowing all these guys. They all were great ball players and I admired Danny Filadore at shortstop. Nick Frascella was also an All State basketball player along with his brother Frank who came to THS a little latter. If Frank is stll in the area, I'd like to say "Hi". The Warwicks were a great athletic family and helped Hamilton Legion beat our Schroths in 1936 when I played. It was one of the better times of my life while I was very involved in Sports. Best Regards.