Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

1931: DRUG BUST IN NEW YORK CITY

It will remain forever a mystery in my personal life why I had so little knowledge of the drug culture in America. To my generation, drugs were I n a drug store, and Coke was Coca Cola. I remember reading about Chinese "Opium Dens," but I honestly cannot recall any incident of drug use during my young years. The first time I was exposed to the culture was when I saw the motion picture, "The Man With the Golden Arm" back in the 1950's. I had no idea that there was a pervasive societal drug problem. You talk about an innocent childhood! The only illegal drug I recall was in my junior when a number of seniors were called on the carpet for stowing a six pack of Ballantine beer under a hedge in front of the school.

No comments: