Search This Blog

Monday, May 03, 2010

1930: TRINITY TO BECOME A CATHEDRAL

Many years ago, I was one of the Contemporary Club's tour guides in their annual "Four Views of Trenton" program. Among the stops in my tour was the incredibly beautiful Trinity Cathedral on Trenton's Overlook Avenue in the western section of town. I quietly said a prayer for my fellow classmate, Bill Baggott III as I sat in the pew dedicated to his name and said a silent prayer for him. Bill was an integral part of the Cathedral choir during his years as a parishioner at the church. He was also my classmate in the class of '51 at Hamilton High School, where he took the lead in each and every one of our choral presentations. As to the graphic, it is a major player in the incredible history of one of Trenton's many religious treasures.

1 comment:

Jay said...

Hey Tom, it's Overbrook Ave, not Overlook.