Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

1902: THE BIDDLE TRACY GANG AT THE ANDERSON FARM

I have been on a dedicated search for information on the Anderson Farm for more than 20 years. An article I wrote for the Trenton Times back in the 1980's was found in an old news article in my newspaper collection. That article launched a search for additional information on a heretofore unknown historical treasure that was once a major part of the history of Hamilton Township. Note that I gave an approximate location of the farm as I understood it when I wrote the article, based upon the information in the old news article. I only recently found information that the farm was extensive; encompassing the entire Bromley area between Hamilton and Greenwood Avenues from the city line on South Logan Avenue all the way out to Greenwood Cemetery. The article above, telling of the Biddle Tracy terrorists and how they attacked the Anderson farm was the catalyst for my search; a search that will go on until I can find more definitive history.
NOTE: WHEN YOU CLICK ON THE GRAPHIC, YOU WILL GET THE FIRST ENLARGEMENT. A SECOND CLICK WILL ENLARGE IT FURTHER AND RENDER THE GRAPHIC LEGIBLE.

No comments: