Search This Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2010

1940: TRENTON SCHOOL NEWS JANUARY 1940

I seldom scan full or nearly full pages from a tabloid or full sheet newpaper such as the Trenton Times. Reason? It requires a HUGE amount of space, and an equally HUGE amount of time to "stitch" the two scans together using the tabloid scanner. In addition, the enlarged scan requires a high resolution monitor to read the text, even though the original was scanned at a comfortable 200 dots per inch. However, for those with good eyes or good glasses or a good high definition monitor, this page, even though missing two columns, is quite interesting as we visit the various Trenton High School departments, and visit other Trenton schools. Enjoy!
Blogger SJBill said...

What a great page! I recall a few names. C. Walter Benner turned out to be Principal of THS while I attended. Tom Lechner became a Chief Petty Officer in the Naval reserve when I enlisted while still at THS.

1 comment:

SJBill said...

What a great page! I recall a few names.

C. Walter Benner turned out to be Principal of THS while I attended.

Tom Lechner became a Chief Petty Officer in the Naval reserve when I enlisted while still at THS.