Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

1921: FATHER BERNRADINE LUDWIG OBIT

As can be seen by the obit above, Father Ludwig was one of those who were instrumental in the development of Immaculate Conception Parish in Chambersburg. The engraving of the church which I imported into the article shows the church when it had two steeples. That is either an architect's rendering, or the church actually appeared that way and over the years, lightning took its toll. Any Immaculate Conception historian who is familiar with the history of this great parish might be able to clear this up for us.

1 comment:

Carlo said...

Hi Tom, As far as I know that is an
architect's rendering and the steeples were never built. I stand
corrected if I am wrong. By the way, we did the same thing as you watching the Coke being bottled on the way home from Trenton High. You are right...so many memories!
(And I do remember a kitchen stove
very much like the Baron you depict. My Grandmom used to toast
slices of crusty Italian bread over the fire and make bruschetta a long time before it became the rage here in the US.