Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

PLEASE NOTE MY EMAIL ADDRESS:

thomglo1@verizon.net

I have had a nightmare of computer problems over the past 3 days. I hope I finally have the problem resolved. First I changed to AOL mail, and every message (with an attachment) that I sent had a message that the email couldn't be sent and to see the technical help file which was nowhere to be found. Enough of AOL. Then I tried "G-mail" knowing that good old reliable Google was a piece of cake. I signed on and on my first try I tried to send an email, and they told me that my password was incorrect and it WAS NOT. What a day. If I weren't a "tee totaler" I would tie one on. In fact I still might! Thanks for your patience. If you sent me an email and didn't get a response, please try again. Verizon nuked my thomglo@verizon.net email account when I transferred from Verizon FIOS to Verizon Broadband. Apparently these two entities compete with each other, because Broadband told me they didn't host email, but Verizon Fios did. I said they are Verizon also, but the email address is non-transferable. GO FIGURE.
I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF YOU WOULD TAKE THE TIME TO ACKNOWLEDGE THIS EMAIL SO I CAN ADD YOUR NAME TO A NEW ADDRESS FILE.

5 comments:

Mack said...

Hi Tom:)
I was just down for 2 weeks due to
computer issues, welcome back:)

Tom Glover said...

I know you were, Mack. You WERE missed. Stay away from Verizon FIOS. It's a great service, but they make it a point to make finding a live person with actual blood flowing in his or her veins. When you go to their telephone support site, you get that damn "All of our representatives are busy..." I actually waited for 40 minutes for a tech person. During the first 5 or ten minutes a recoded voice assures you that "your call is very important." Then, very mysteriously, the voice no longer comes back. "Am I still connected....did I lose the connection....?" Nah, somebody will pick up the phone. They never did. The very worse thing that ever happened to technology, lies in those notorious waits for technical support. BUT, guess what happens when one goes to PURCHASE their service? How many rings......two? three? NUFF SAID.

Judy Blecha said...

Ah, Verizon Fios! They called repeatedly - I finally blocked the call, but the phone would still ring once. Hit return call -- oh, it will take 30 days for us to take your phone number off our list... even when I explained that my husband was very ill. In desperation, I un-blocked the number and had a lovely chat with Robert... wouldn't you consider 12 calls in one day every half hour to be harrassment? FINALLY they removed my number! One should not have to deal with computer-generated calls! Welcome to Yahoo!
Judy B.

Mack said...

I understand Tom. Been there too.
I would have assumed verizon email would have transferred also..as
well it should. Its totally illogical that it doesnt.
Well glad you found a solution to
it:)

Tom Glover said...

Yeah Mike, I found a solution, but lost the ability to import my email addresses. I had to copy them to an MSWord text file and go back and add commas to each and every name to format the text so I can "CC" them. What a mess!