Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

ENOUGH ALREADY!!

Are there actually people stupid enough to fall for these idiotic people who send emails to me, and I dare say many others, telling us that we have won the British Lottery through a random selection of my email addresses? Or how about that African guy whose father died and left word that I was to receive his fortune, or some other completely idiotic notice that will render me a very rich man? How about the notice from Bank of America that unless I send them my personal information and my account password, my account will be suspended? Bank of America? Hmmm now that's strange, considering the fact that I don't have a Bank of America account. Since I switched to Yahoo.com, I have been receiving these kindergarten-level emails three and four at a time. Most of the senders are illiterates who have no command over the "King's English." I received this, and another one this morning, but will spare you the agony of the second one. That sender obviously flunked "Recess" in school and had a problem spelling the word "account." Don't miss the parenthetic redundancy in this gem from "Allan Fred" (Fred Allen?) which we have all come to know as "phishing:"

Agent Name: Mr. Allan Fred
Tel: +44 704-571-0545
Email: mr.allanfredclaimsdept@msn.com

This is to inform you that you have been
selected for a cash prize of £1,200,000
(British This is to inform you that you have
been selected for a cash prize of 1,200,000
(British Pounds) held on the 6th of June
2009 in London (United Kingdom). The
selection process was carried out through
random selection in Our computerized email
selection system (ESS) London Uk. Fill the
below:

1.Full Name
2.Full Address
3.Marital Status
4.Occupation
5.Age

1 comment:

JoeZ said...

Tom, you are not the only one to receive this type of mail, I get British lottery winning notices every day. Hotmail keeps sending me notices to update my information or my account will be closed in 2 weeks, all scams, I just report it but it's annoying.