Search This Blog

Monday, May 11, 2009

1894: PILGRIM PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH: THE EARLY YEARS

As my local history collection evolves, I find that numerous articles and/or photos can be combined to add a more detailed account of an historic event. In this case, the article on the Pilgrim Presbyterian Chapel from the Daily State Gazette was united with an old post card which has been in my collection for years. The graphic that follows this on the obit of Mr. Joseph Wright is in the same category: in that case, combining a map of the area showing the Wright family farm land with the 1894 obit of Mr. Wright.

In the event you didn't read the comment from "Mack" McNicoll, it is transcribed herewith as a valuable addition to th Pilgrim Presbyterian Church graphic above.

Mike wrote:

WOW Tom:)
I took a picture of this a few weeks ago and posted it on my blog.
Its 250 Woodland Street. Known as "Century Hall" in my day.
I spent many days sitting on these steps with friends long ago.
The building still looks to be in good shape judging from the exterior:)
I could see this place from my house long ago:)
The homes in the back of this picture are on Rusling Street.
http://mackstruckofwisdom.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Mack said...

WOW Tom:)
I took a picture of this a few weeks ago and posted it on my blog.
Its 250 Woodland Street. Known
as "Century Hall" in my day.
I spent many days sitting on these
steps with friends long ago.
The building still looks to be in
good shape judging from the exterior:)
I could see this place from my
house long ago:)
The homes in the back of this
picture are on Rusling Street.