Search This Blog

Saturday, April 25, 2009

1987: THOSE GREAT OLD COMIC STRIPS

I have identified the villains in the graphic above that
Dick Tracy encountered during his career as a comic strip detective.

Capp Stubbs, Smokey Stover, Prince Valiant, Smilin' Jack, and of course, Dick Tracy! The above was pasted in one of my "Nostalgia" scrapbooks, and also appeared in a "The Way We Were" column which I wrote many years ago for the late, great, Mercer Messenger. A year of so ago, on this website, I started a list of noted eateries, restaurants, hot dog stands and other long forgotten vestiges of our past. I was one of 2 other guys who was interviewed on WBCB (1490 A.M.) and we had a lively discussion remembering those great old eating places.
The list still has additional entries being added.

Let's add to my list of comics from the past. I have given you a few long-lost comics in the intro above. How many do you remember that I aren't listed? Go to the "Comments" section below and add those that you remember. (To get you started: "Henry," "Steve Canyon," c'mon, rake over that gray matter and add to the list! I'm so old I remember Milton Caniff, Russ Westover, and Ham Fisher!

6 comments:

Mack said...

I think Picker Puss was a bad guy
in the Dick Tracy comics in the 70s :)

JoeZ said...

Tom: I remember Nancy, Alley Oop,and those crazy Katzenjammer Kids.

JoeZ said...

Tom: The grey matter is working, Terry and the Pirates,Archie and Friends and Barney Google comes to mind.

Tom Glover said...

KEEP ON TRUCKIN' JOE! I KNOW THERE ARE MORE IN THAT GRAY CRANIAL AREA OF YOUR BRAIN!

TOM GLOVER

JoeZ said...

Tom, the brain remembers a group of young kids, the comic was called Tiger. There was Blondie and Joe Palooka also, it's getting tougher to remember anymore.

Tom Glover said...

Don't remember "Tiger," but I was a regular Joe Palooka reader, and also another boxer, Curly Kayo, Joe jinx and Dynamite Dunn, Steve Canyon, Tillie the Toiler, Etta Kett, Wash Tubbs, Captain Easy, Gasoline Alley, Alley Oop....boy am I dating myself!
Tom Glover