Search This Blog

Saturday, August 23, 2008

FROM A MEMBER OF THE "PLAAG'S GROVE" ERA

I RECEIVED THE FOLLOWING EMAIL FROM "PEGGY," WHO LIVED A FEW BLOCKS FROM MY HARTLEY AVENUE HOME, AND A BLOCK AWAY FROM PLAAG'S GROVE. I HAVE MANY HAPPY MEMORIES OF THE TIME I SPENT THERE WITH THEIR WEEKEND OUTINGS, AND OUR DAILY SANDLOT BASEBALL GAMES. THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THE EMAIL, PEGGY, AND YES, I TRY TO UPDATE THIS WEBSITE DAILY. INCIDENTALLY, AND COMPLETELY COINCIDENTALLY, MY "SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY" COLUMN IN TODAY'S (AUGUST 24) TRENTON TIMES COLUMN IS CENTERED ON PLAAG'S GROVE. THERE WILL BE MORE COLUMNS IN THE FUTURE. IF YOU ARE NOT A TIMES SUBSCRIBER, YOU CAN PROBABLY FIND THE COLUMN WHEN IT IS POSTED. GO TO GOOGLE, USE THE KEYWORDS TOM GLOVER HAMILTON TRENTON. THERE WILL BE QUITE A FEW REFERENCES TO THIS WEBSITESITE, BUT BURIED IN THERE YOU WILL FIND THE COLUMN. THANKS AGAIN FOR WRITING. IT'S EMAILS SUCH AS YOURS THAT MAKE ALL THE EFFORT WORTHWHILE.


=====================*******========================

PEGGY WRITES:



Hello Mr. Glover

This is Peggy. I have written to you a few times in the past few months.

I just wanted to drop you a line to let you know that I really enjoy your Hamilton Yearbook. I have been on it a few times. The last time I was on it I found a little write up about the Plaag Family who lived on Cedar Lane and Plaag's Grove on Atkins Ave. Boy, we sure do live in a small world.

My sister mentioned Plaag's Grove to me about a month ago and said she remembered our grandfather playing in Fritz's Band at Plaag's Grove now and then. His name was Michael Czajkowski. So, I went on your website and was surprised to find the wedding write up for Plaag's daughter and about Plaag's Grove with pictures. I couldn't believe it! What was even more interesting was that in the beginning of 1960 my family moved to Cedar Lane near Newkirk and Kuser Farm and the Plaag's lived on the other end near S. Olden Avenue. I am sure they didn't live there when we moved in the neighborhood but it was interesting to know they lived so close to us and that Plaag's Grove was just a street over from us. It definitely is a small world isn't it.

Thank you again for your Hamilton Yearbook. Hope this message wasn't too long.

Have a good day. Peggy

PS Do you update the Hamilton Yearbook from time to time?

No comments: