Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

1913: RISQUE MUSIC!

Those who are readers of my "Sentimental Journey" column, and my earlier "The Way We Were" column will recall that I also have a problem with some of the trashy "music" that is being foisted on us courtesy of the leaders of the contemporary music world. The above article is from my "Crime, Morals, Social Values" folder. The "shocking" lyrics in the 1913 article above pale by comparison with some of the trash in some of contemporary America's musical repertoire. What's that old saying....? "No matter how things change, they seem to stay the same."

2 comments:

Mike Dew said...

Hi,

I was wondering if you could tell me what your definition of Risque Music is.

Thanks,

Mike

Anonymous said...

MIKE:
WHERE TO BEGIN? TRY
http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1P2-1632838.html
I GUESS "RISQUE" LIES IN THE EYES OF THE BEHOLDER; ESPECIALLY IN THE YOUNGER GENERATION.

TOM