Search This Blog

Friday, June 20, 2008

2008: REGARDING A RECENT CCC POST

HERE'S A GUEST BOOK ENTRY FROM ROB ROMAN REQUESTING ANY INFORMATION ON THE "TRENTON PHANTOMS" SOCCER CLUB. I WILL KEEP AN EYE OUT ON THE SPORTS PAGES, ROB. PERHAPS A VISITOR MIGHT HAVE SOME INFO. I JUST RECENTLY RECEIVED AND POSTED A PHOTO OF THE WHITE HORSE SOCCER TEAM.

ROB WRITES:

Hi Tom
I have written a couple of times and you have posted some items that I share with my 88 year old grandmother. The Bayer Factory was awesome. I see recently you posted a picture of guys joining the CCC. I think one of the guys in the photo looks like my Grandfathers brother. The depression hit my family hard. Both my grandfather and his brother were in the CCC.
I was wondering if you have any information about any soccer clubs. My grandfather loved the game. I guess he played sometime in the early 30's. I believe the team he played for was called the Trenton Phantoms. My grandmother mentions Hetzel field is where they played
I am sure information is for these teams/leagues is not to common. I figure at that time in history the Polish Community didn't garner a lot of coverage.. Any info you could provide would be a great spirit booster for my grandmother. She recently fell and broke her hip. She sure could use a pick me up. Thanks Tom you are providing a great service with you time, effort and insight.

No comments: