Search This Blog

Friday, March 28, 2008

1930: HAMILTON TOWNSHIP LIBRARY IN THE EARLY YEARS

DID YOU EVER GO TO THE HAMILTON LIBRARY WHEN IT WAS LOCATED IN THE BASEMENT OF THE HAMILTON MUNICIPAL BUILDING ON 2090 GREENWOOD AVENUE? MAY OF US IN THE SENIOR CITIZEN CATEGORY DID. DID YOU EVER GO TO ONE OF THE LIBRARYS IN YARDVILLE, MERCERVILLE, HAMILTON SQUARE OR ANOTHER AREA WHEN LIBRARY BRANCHES WERE LOCATED IN THE HOMES OF SELECTED RESIDENTS. THAT WAS BEFORE MY TIME, BUT THANKS TO MS. MOLLYE CARROL, I HAVE A SIGN WHICH WAS ON A LIBRARY BRANCH ON HAMILTON AVENUE IN THE AREA OF NEWKIRK AVENUE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom - There was even a small branch in the Broad St Park area, on Genesee St. I believe. While doing my student teaching at MacGalliard School in the Fall of 1963, we took a "field trip" to the little branch there.
Lakeside Girl

Judy said...

Hi Tom... Wasn't there a small library in the Independence Mall back in either the late 60's or the early 70's? If I remember correctly, I remember going there with a friend & her mom back when we were really small, & I can remember walking past the entrances to Big C on the left & Thrift Drug on the right when you walked through the covered area between the stores. It seemed it was set up inside mostly for small children because I remember there being small chairs & tables. I was hoping that maybe you could shed some light on this! Thank you in advance!