Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

REMEMER PENNY CANDY?


DO YOU REMEMBER THE THRILL OF STANDING IN FRONT OF THAT INCREDIBLE CANDY COUNTER AT YOUR FAVORITE "CORNER STORE?" DO YOU REMEMBER WHEN PENNY CANDY WAS A PENNY?......REMEMBER UNROLLING THAT "PINWHEEL" AND EATING THE WHITE STUFF FIRST, THEN THE TAN CARAMEL, USING THE LITTLE SPOON TO EAT THAT STUFF IN THE CORRUGATED METAL CONTAINER? HOW ABOUT THOSE "KITS" CARAMELS? AND YOU REALLY HAVE TO BE AN OLD TIMER TO REMEMBER THOSE DELECTABLE MILK CHOCOLATE "GRADE A's!" CALORIES? WHAT THE HECK ARE THEY?

(I DREW THIS PEN AND INK SKETCH OF SOME OF MY CHILDHOOD FAVORITES FOR ONE OF MY "THE WAY WE WERE" COLUMNS IN JACK LACY'S LATE, GREAT "MERCER MESSENGER.")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A little late on this one, but had to tell you that you made my day. I thought my memory was slipping when I kept asking friends if they remembered Grade A's, which I remember fondly as the best of milk chocolate, and none did. These were my favorite penny candy. On another note, I am beginning to think Candy and are the only ones that every leave comments. Hope you don't mind. Of course, it is thanx to your blog that Candy and I met up again. In the pic of the Villa Victoria choral at the War Memorial, I am in first full row, way to the right, with the while flower in my hair. Darn her!!!! She's got lots of old stuff. She sent it to me quite a while ago.