Search This Blog

Saturday, April 14, 2007

1990: Liberty Street Church of Christ


It started out as a small edifice on the Corner of Liberty and Wesley Street here in Hamilton. Today it is housed in a beautiful red brick colonial New England style church with a lovely "steeple." Back when I was a boy, I attended the church when "Brother Graham" was the Pastor, and my Sunday School teacher was Mrs. Anderson, whose home was directly next to the church on Liberty Street. As I recall, the church had no musical accompaniment of any kind,and all the singing was "a capella." I still recall the "un-balanced" sound of a loud voice here and an off key voice there.....all in all not a pleasant musical experience, but the folks were making a joyful noise unto the Lord. Today, the very popular Reverend Allen is the Pastor and has built the church into a lively and viable congregation.

No comments: