Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

1938: TRENTON HIGH SCHOOL IN THE GOLDEN YEARS

SOMEWHERE I HEARD THAT SOMEONE ACTUALLY SUGGESTED THAT THIS HISTORIC BUILDING SHOULD BE
TORN DOWN AND A NEW SCHOOL
BUILT IN ITS PLACE!!!!
I AM CERTAINLY NOT A CONSTRUCTION EXPERT, BUT I WOULD THINK THAT THE TOWN FATHERS WOULD SUGGEST THAT THE INTERIOR BE COMPLETELY TORN OUT AND THE INTERIOR BE RE-DESIGNED. WOULD NOT THERE BE A REAL SAVINGS? IT WOULD SEEM THAT THE MONEY SAVED BY NOT HAVING TO CONSTRUCT A REPLACEMENT BUILDING COULD BE UTILIZED TO MAKE EXPAND THE BUILDING TO THE REAR OF THE EXISTING BUILDING.....THEN AGAIN, I AM NO CONSTRUCTION EXPERT....JUST A NON-TRENTON TAXPAYER WHO LIKES TO SAVE MONEY AND HISTORIC BUILDINGS.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In the early 40s my grandmother worked at THS cafeteria. I'd be dropped off after school at the library branch (at the end of the building closest to St. Francis side - still there?) to wait for her. Then we'd go home via a bus into the Perry St.station and back out to Nottingham Way.

Candy Frenking Jens