Search This Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Do you Remember the TRENTON GIANTS?

Many old timers remember going to Dunn Field, on the Brunswick Circle to watch the Trenton Giants play their opposing teams in the old Class "B" Interstate League.. Let's see, they played against the Harrisburg Senators, Sunbury Reds, Lancaster Red Roses, York White Roses, and the team's perennial nemisis, the Wilmington Blue Rocks. Who rembembers Maurice "Mo" Cunningham, Pete Pavlik, Don Robertson, Ray Kaat, and "Say hey" Willie Mays.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mo Cunningham was my favorite! I would attend the games with my parents. They loved going, but I was young and would get bored. Especially on Sundays when they had double-headers. My aunt and uncle had a large home and some of the players stayed there during baseball season. I want to say it was Sloan Avenue, but I'm not sure.

Anonymous said...

You forgot the Allentown Cardinals and there was also a team in Hagerstown Md.

Anonymous said...

The team from Hagerstown was known as the Owls and later as the Braves

Tom Glover said...

LET ME TAKE IT FROM THE TOP AS I RECALL THE OLD INTERSTATE LEAGUE: TRENTON GIANTS, WILMINGTON BLUE ROCKS, SUNBURY REDS, HAGERSTOWN OWLS, HARRISBURG SENATORS, YORK WHITE ROSES, AND THE LANCASTER RED ROSES. IF I MISSED ANY, LET ME KNOW. I SPENT HOURS LISTENING TO THE WBUD MORRISVILLE BROADCASTS WITH BUS SAIDT AND BILL HILDEBRAND DOING THE PLAY BY PLAY. DUNN FIELD WAS A TREASURE.
TOM GLOVER